School Visit Information for Principals and Media Specialists
Messy Tessy and It Wasn't Me is most enjoyed by K , 1st and 2nd Graders. I would love to come into the classroom and read to the kids.
Messy Tessy has become quite popular, and we have recently been featured on Lifetime TV’s The Balancing Act, and Fox 4 News. Within the past few years Leah Orr has been featured on ABC’s Health Watch, CBS This Morning, and NBC South Florida Today.
* While visiting the school, setting up in the school media center, spending 35- 40 minutes per class, and up to 30 kids at a time would be ideal.
* Pre-Order book forms are usually sent home with the kids a week before visiting. Please visit the pre-order form link above.
* I will read Messy Tessy, along with my newest book, It Wasn’t Me .
* I will then work with the kids to write their own story as a class – Mad Libs style. I will either bring Lola the Love Puppy with me, or Freddy the Love Frog. The kids and I will put together a great story.
* I will then take a photo with the kids, my giant 5ft Messy Tessy, 5Ft. Peter, and the large stuffed animal they wrote about. At the end of each session I will sign the books bought for the kids.
* At home, I will put the story and photo together and email back to the teacher within a day or two so the kids can bring the story home to their parents.
I am available from 9am – 2pm daily, and can read up to 4 different groups per day. I will also write a piece for the local newspapers to see if they will print the story in a future edition if you like.
In Florida I have visited: Hialeah Elementary, Ben Shephard Elementary, Vineland Elementary, Miami Springs Elementary, Aventura Elementary, New River Charter, Divine Savior, Forest Hills Elementary,, Manatee Elementary in Palm Beach, and read to many kids in Weston at such places as The Sagemont Upper and Lower Schools, Cambridge Pre School, and Temple Dor Dorim to name a few.
Profits from the sale of both books are happily donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. CF is a disease my youngest daughter suffers from along with 70,000 other kids worldwide. My goal is to raise $1,000,000 to help cure CF. With book sales and a lot of intense fundraising over the past 12 years we have raised over $800,000.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to having the opportunity to visit the kids one day soon.